Category: 2015 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Guatemala

POSITION REPORT – Beach House – Rio Dulce, Guatemala…..

December 31, 2015

YOTREPS: YES
TIME: 2015/12/31 18:34
LATITUDE: 15-39.37N
LONGITUDE: 088-59.63W
MARINE: NO
WIND_SPEED: 4
WIND_DIR: ENE
CLOUDS: 40%
VISIBILITY: 10
BARO: 1025.6
AIR_TEMP: 33.9C
COMMENT: Beach House – DOCKED – RAM Marina – ready to depart this afternoon to begin the 2016 season – Frontera, Guatemala

Hello F&F who are on our position report – direct!
If you do not want to be on this frequent a report, please let us know by emailing us.
We will be sailing till the end of next year back to Australia via the Panama Canal.

USE: WDB5638 (at) Sailmail.com to reply (DO NOT REPLY TO THIS ADDRESS AS I CHECK IT INFREQUENTLY!!!)

Almost off the dock! Lots to catch up on. Looking to depart Guatemala in about 2-4 days with the next weather window.
KIT,

Scott and Nikki

POSITION REPORT – Livingston, Guatemala – Awaiting check in…..

April 29, 2015

AIRMAIL YOTREPS
IDENT: N6ABC
TIME: 2015/04/29 14:00
LATITUDE: 15-49.33N
LONGITUDE: 088-44.91W
MARINE: YES
WIND_SPEED: 4
WIND_DIR: N
SWELL_DIR: E
SWELL_HT: 0.1M
CLOUDS: 85%
VISIBILITY: 6
BARO: 1008.1
AIR_TEMP: 29.4C
SEA_TEMP: 21.7C
COMMENT: Beach House -ANCHORED – Livingston, Guatemala – Awating check in…..

We’re back! The weather wouldn’t allow us enough time to get to Panama via Provedencia and the San Blas Islands, so we’ve turned around
and will stay back at RAM Marina in the Rio Dulce for the Hurricane Season. We must be off to LA soon for Skye’s wedding…..

The trip started nice enough with the first break in the weather we’ve seen in 5 WEEKS! Almost exactly at mid-night, the winds came out of the WEST at
22-30 knots. We had 4 pretty miserable hours, banging right into it. Once we got within about 8 miles, the seas flattened out.

I’ll do an end of season report when we get settled at RAM Marina which is yet another 20 miles inland along the Rio Dulce.
Awaiting Raul to assist us with checking back into Guatemala…
Stand By!
Scott and Nikki

 

POSITION REPORT – Beach House still awaiting weather window!…..

April 18, 2015

YOTREPS: YES
TIME: 2015/04/18 11:53
LATITUDE: 16-20.24N
LONGITUDE: 086-28.52W
COMMENT: Beach House – DOCKED – Barefoot Cay Marina, Roatan, Bay of Islands – Honduras

Still awaiting (now over 3 weeks!) for a weather window to get around “Punta Gracias Adios’ (Thank God Point).
Essentially, we’re stuck in the almost bottom of the Gulf of Honduras and have to go over 200 miles straight upwind.
Given the amount of wind and sea state, it would be more than a miserable and very slow trip.

We’ve had 15-33 knots daily for most of the time we’ve been here. It’s a nice spot, we’d just like to move on.
We’re even considering going back to Guatemala for the off season if this continues too much longer. There is no apparent break in the weather
at the moment for at least another week.

KIT,
Scott and Nikki – Roatan, Bay of Islands – Honduras